Chicken Names share their names here

Thank you! I'm a nerdy Harry Potter fan, lol, can you tell? Most of my chooks are bantams and the Cemanis aren't known to be prolific layers, so I'm not expecting *too* many eggs, lol. But it should be a nice mix of colors! I'll probably try pickling the tiny ones, eating a lot more eggs than I already do now, and give lots of em away. My dogs will get some too, of course! :)

I'm still anxiously awaiting my first egg. I'm betting on Black Betty, she's looking very red in the comb and wattles. We'll see....

I hadn't considered pickling! What a great idea!!!

Yes I have always had chickens 47 years now..... Wow!
Sniper yep she lays green eggs and every time I go into the run to get eggs, clean, water or just to sit she comes out of know where and bites you until you pick her up to cuddle her. Once you do that she wont bit you or should I say until the next time you come back. Patrick lays brown eggs and loves to spend her days digging holes everywhere!
I also have chickens that are named after the walking dead tv show, presidents and of course just good old fashion names!

What a fitting name then for Sniper! I love the living dead. You said presidents? My mind just ran a10 second review of the movie Dead Presidents, lol
Showing my age.

I sometimes think I would feel overwhelmed with a flock of that size but then I realize I wouldn't have the room for it first of all, lol then the thought passes.

My hats off to you for such passion!

Thank you! And congrats to your grandson! I hope he does learn a lot and I hope it translates to him playing well in games.

Yes, those are the only ones I've named. I only have three chickens right now, and my Speckled Sussex hens that I got in June 2016 were the first chickens that I've ever owned, so I'm still fairly new with raising chickens. I do plan to add to my flock; there's a few breeds that I have my eyes peeled for lol.

He better do well he wants to go to Stanford of all places, lol The trials of having smart children is the College tuition that comes along with it.

Thank you! This is my first flock. I had chickens as a very small child and I have always wanted to have them but have never lived in a place that would allow it. Now I do and I am so happy! I just love spending time with them every day!

Ido to! Something about going out in the morning to spend time cleaning and feeding and best of collecting eggs!

My white Leghorns are Sugar, Dragon (she's friendly but she sounds like a dragon lol), Lorelai, Dove, Cupcake (my friendliest Leghorn), Lemon, and White Chocolate. They're all 20 weeks and laying for about a month.

My ISA Brown's are Azalea, Savannah, Camilla, Laurel, Scarlett, Branwen, and Begonia. They're all 22 weeks and all laying for 1-1.5 months.

My two Golden Laced Wyandottes are Blue and Delta, the two Speckled Sussex are Echo and Charli, and my two Barred Rocks are Momo and Pam/Curly (her name is undecided). As you can see the four are named after the raptors from the new Jarassic movie, which I saw someone else had done too. All of them are about 18 weeks and I know Charli laid her first egg about a week ago but that's it so far.

My white Leghorns are Sugar, Dragon (she's friendly but she sounds like a dragon lol), Lorelai, Dove, Cupcake (my friendliest Leghorn), Lemon, and White Chocolate. They're all 20 weeks and laying for about a month.

My ISA Brown's are Azalea, Savannah, Camilla, Laurel, Scarlett, Branwen, and Begonia. They're all 22 weeks and all laying for 1-1.5 months.

My two Golden Laced Wyandottes are Blue and Delta, the two Speckled Sussex are Echo and Charli, and my two Barred Rocks are Momo and Pam/Curly (her name is undecided). As you can see the four are named after the raptors from the new Jarassic movie, which I saw someone else had done too. All of them are about 18 weeks and I know Charli laid her first egg about a week ago but that's it so far.

All the names are so darling! Dragon is my favorite of them all because I call my hens my little dragons. I'm convinced they are direct descendants of, lol

What do you do with all the eggs? And are they all colorful?

All the names are so darling! Dragon is my favorite of them all because I call my hens my little dragons. I'm convinced they are direct descendants of, lol

What do you do with all the eggs? And are they all colorful?

My Leghorns lay the regular ole white eggs, the ISA Brown's lay medium brown to tan, and the Speckled Sussex a light tan color. I've read that the Barred Rocks and GLWs will get brown eggs as well. Right now my dad is helping me out selling them at his work. Him and his co-workers sell so many things to each other lol I always tell him that I need a job with an environment like that.

I plan on getting some more chickens with other colors too, ones that really interested me were the Welsummers (really dark brown), the black Marans, and Olive eggers. I like the Cream Legbar too, but it seems that they're really hard to find.

Back
Top Bottom