Chicken Newbies! New To BYC!

whitster290

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 27, 2014
Hi everyone! My family and I are new chicken owners. We are proud new parents to 3 Isa Browns and 3 Black Sexlinks chicks. They are about 1.5 weeks old and growing like crazy! We are so excited to embark on this new adventure. We came to the decision to raise chickens because we want to have fresh and organic eggs. We built a pretty awesome brooder and are now brainstorming their coop. I am personally very excited to see it all come together and have a beautiful home for our girls. I am loving this site, it's such a great resource and so fun to see everyone elses ideas and stories. If you have any helpful hints or encouragements we would love to hear them. Thanks for letting us join!

The Remingtons

Hi and
welcome-byc.gif
!
Hope you enjoy the forum!
I'm getting a Black sex link too! I am getting a Brown sex link but haven't been able find anything about them. The hatchery that I am getting them from says that their Brown sex link is a mix between a Rhode Island Red and a White Plymouth rock.

images

Welcome to BYC!

And congrats on the new chicks! Yes, they do grow like weeds! If you have any questions, that is what we are here for. Kelsie has left you with a couple links to follow if you need any help with the coop build.

Great to have you aboard and welcome to our flock!

Back
Top Bottom