Chicken not eating or drinking much

Pics
No injecting, it looks like you just add the 2.5 ml to a liter of drinking water for 3 consecutive days. Make sure they are dinking it or give it with a dropper vety slowly so not to choke them. Glad that you found the sulfadimidine. I have no idea if they will live, but I hope so.
Just one more question. My chicken drink like 2 litres of water daily. So I add 2.5ml per litre I.e. 5ml for 2 litres daily for 3 days? Right?

You are not bothering us with your questions. If we are not online, especially with the time difference, then someone else can help you. Yes, put 5 ml in 2 liters for 3 days. Give as much as the chick will drink. I like to dip their beaks into the water for a half second, and then let them swallow. It is less likely to cause them to inhale the water into the airways.

Update on the chicken pooping blood:
After 24 hours and shifting the rest of the flock to a new room upstairs (no bloody poops from them) and isolating the sick chicken and feeding him oral food as he can drink himself. Here is the update on the poop colour and texture.
I noticed that his coup always felt like 'filled with water like'.. Could he be suffering from coup swelling? I feed him with some grains and semi solid desolved feed. Should I feed him grains which the rest are this flock is eating?
Thank you

Attachments

• IMG_20200329_163458.jpg
    IMG_20200329_163458.jpg
    363.5 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_20200329_163451.jpg
    IMG_20200329_163451.jpg
    398.2 KB · Views: 2
If the crop is swollen, it may be slow to empty. Water is most important right now. Small amounts of food if they seem hungry, but don’t push it. Grains might be a little harsh for the intestines, unless they are ground finely. Cooked egg, a little yogurt, mushy foods, are food, but water is most important.

If the crop is swollen, it may be slow to empty. Water is most important right now. Small amounts of food if they seem hungry, but don’t push it. Grains might be a little harsh for the intestines, unless they are ground finely. Cooked egg, a little yogurt, mushy foods, are food, but water is most important.
Thank you so much for your kind response. The good news is there is almost no bloody poops from the sick guy like say 2/10 poops were bloody today. He never seems hungry just his coup filled with water. i will feed him just once a day now like yogurt, corn flour and turmeric powder (me mom says it helps make blood in the body), till he feels like eating and joining the rest of his mates.
:love I will keep you all updated. Thank you

Good luck.
Update on Sick Chicken after 48 hours: The chicken is recovering and moving here and there in the room pecking here and there and eating all by himself. The coup is still swollen and making the chicken lean to his left (by the looks of it). Bloody poop ratio reduced to 1/10. Kindly guide if there is still blood (little or bits of it) after the 3 day period of medicine as indicated, when should i repeat the cycle? and should I keep him isolated from the rest of it mates after the treatment?

- Rest of the chickens are okay with no blood in poop so far.
Thank You.

Update on the sick chicken after 72 hours: the chicken is doing really well (thank you all). His crown which turned really pale with all those bloody poops has turned reddish and his face is turning reddish too.
The rest of the chickens are doing fine with no signs of any infections.
I would like to ask if I need to repeat the treatment as the chicken was really ill with lots of blood loss. I have put him with the rest of his mates as they too were not eating and might be missing him. Now all of them are happy and pecking :)
Here is a pic of him in my arms sorry for the bad quality picture.
IMG_20200331_162445.jpg

Back
Top Bottom