Chicken not swallowing properly.

That is strange. Can't say I've seen that before. In the first couple of videos it looks like maybe his mouth or neck are sore and that he's not feeling well, but that last one looks like it's neurological. Were they vaccinated for Marek's?

no they havent. I dont see signs of mareks though. No discharge, still looking healthy, just when he goes to eat his head falls down. Its like hes having a hard time passing it through. Thats my guess...

I think that it appears to be neurological as well. The reason Mareks was brought up is that Mareks can cause some strange neck movements, wry neck, and other unusal movements. It might also be some sort of seizure activity. It might be a good thing to give him 400 IU of vitamin E, along with a small amount of cooked egg or sunflower hearts for selenium daily. Those can be helpful for neurological problems. Hopefully, it is not Mareks, but this tends to be a time of year that it can be common in young chickens. I would continue to just observe him for anything unusual.

I think that it appears to be neurological as well. The reason Mareks was brought up is that Mareks can cause some strange neck movements, wry neck, and other unusal movements. It might also be some sort of seizure activity. It might be a good thing to give him 400 IU of vitamin E, along with a small amount of cooked egg or sunflower hearts for selenium daily. Those can be helpful for neurological problems. Hopefully, it is not Mareks, but this tends to be a time of year that it can be common in young chickens. I would continue to just observe him for anything unusual.
thanks for tip. Really appreciate it.

Back
Top Bottom