Chicken or Duck?

What do you think?

• Duck

Votes: 28 87.5%
  • Chicken

Votes: 4 12.5%

• Total voters
Pics
She adopted them post hatching right? I didn't think even a Standard sized bird could hatch 20 ducks and 8 chicks.
I think she only hatched one or two, but I kept finding chicks in the yard so I gave them to her. She had so many that they stayed in the brooder when it was cold because she couldn't cover all of them.

I love my girl they are RIR and they lay nice brown eggs ..Only thing I had one to lay double yolk egg...and she hasn't been the same ....she passed a strange looking thing and I don't know what it was ...it looked like a arrow with white stuff on it ...I don't know what this was , but i put her in warm water and went to Tractor Supply and talked to girl there that has chickens , she said she was egg bound? and that what i done maybe saved her ,she gave me some type of vit to give her and i kept her in a pen for a few days ...she is ok but not the same ..

I love my girl they are RIR and they lay nice brown eggs ..Only thing I had one to lay double yolk egg...and she hasn't been the same ....she passed a strange looking thing and I don't know what it was ...it looked like a arrow with white stuff on it ...I don't know what this was , but i put her in warm water and went to Tractor Supply and talked to girl there that has chickens , she said she was egg bound? and that what i done maybe saved her ,she gave me some type of vit to give her and i kept her in a pen for a few days ...she is ok but not the same ..
Welcome to BYC! Sorry you're having trouble with your hen. :hugs

20 ducklings!? wow! That's one skilled mama hen!

Nothing from the egg yet. I'm a little worried, but I know ducks take a while to hatch, and calls can have trouble, so I'm prepared to be patient and intervene when needed.
She was one of the good ones.

Have you candled the egg?

Back
Top Bottom