Chicken Photos Thread

Pics

Ugly duckling?   I have no idea what stage of their growth your talking about!  :eek: Oh THAT stage!  When they get so ugly they're cute!  Yu yu u

Glad we got that straight and its normal! I just thought she was gonna be ugly forever!? And they are all getting that way! Its like their bodies grow a huge amount, and then their feathers cant catch up and cover their body?

Quote: I was looking for a baby pic of Norman, a light sussex we had, he was a sight when he started to feather out. His tail feather started before his hind side was ready for them, looked like someone stuck 4 on his booty nub. And his neck...gawd..he looked a mess I tell you what!
Hold on...I found it...look at this
Just look at his butt! (we thought he was a she...he USED to be a Norma...)

I was looking for a baby pic of Norman, a light sussex we had, he was a sight when he started to feather out. His tail feather started before his hind side was ready for them, looked like someone stuck 4 on his booty nub. And his neck...gawd..he looked a mess I tell you what! Hold on...I found it...look at this . Just look at his butt! (we thought he was a she...he USED to be a Norma...)
See now I thought that little tail up in the air was a DESIRABLE trait!? I mean really, we thought it was kinda weird and cute!? Like maybe it was even in the standard!? Is that what you call it for chickens? I'm not taking the time to find out, as I am addicted enough!

See now I thought that little tail up in the air was a DESIRABLE trait!? I mean really, we thought it was kinda weird and cute!? Like maybe it was even in the standard!? Is that what you call it for chickens? I'm not taking the time to find out, as I am addicted enough!
Oh I'm sure if you're showing them it's desirable...I was more referring to how at a young "not quite grown and feathered out" stage of their lives they look...well...sad as a wet cat.

The weather is getting hotter & my 2mo old chicks are getting ready to move outside permanently. The adult chicks aren't too interested in them yet (Ronan did try the wing drop dance on Mercury & failed), but the peafowl are extremely curious about them.

They are just lovely. I dont know what they are, but mine, same age, looked like hell. You can see them in post before yours. Its like their bodies overgtew, and the feathers could not cover them. They are so funny.

Back
Top Bottom