Chicken Photos Thread

Pics
Love his eyes! What a beauty too. He reminds me of Alexandra33's Wheaten Ameraucana; Ling.

>Chicken-Eye

He does, doesn't he?
smile.png
Lovely!

~Alex

My "babies" are so grown up and beautiful!
Dragon, Porcelain d'Uccle cockerel.

Zelda, feisty little Mille Fleur.

Ginger, Salmon Faverolles bantam.

BB Red Phoenix bantam cockerel, Cobra.

Lakota and unnamed, Silver Penciled Wyandotte bantam girls.

Selah, Wheaten Ameraucana bantam girl.

Blue Isbar boy, unnamed.

Missy, Spitzhauben.

Iris, Fayoumi.

Piranha, a.k.a Teddy Bear, little Mille Fleur boy.

Shadow and unnamed, Black Rosecombs.

Cassie, the awesomest Spitzhauben ever!

Ling, Wheaten Ameraucana boy.

Jack, Black Isbar.

That's not all of them, but it would be too much if I did post everybody!

~Alex

WOW, @uzisuzuki
, I didn't know you were hatching! :D  What breed? It reminds me a lot of our Sumatra as a chick.....:love

~Alex

It's actually an Ayam Cemani, but it looks like I ended up with what breeders would deem a cull (because of the white). The second one just popped out, but it looks like the umbilical cord isn't... done being an umbilical cord? I'm a little worried. There is still 1 more AC & q more black Phoenix Bantam trying to hatch.

Bubbles and Jace are adorable! I can definitely see why you are so proud of them. :) Alex, my precious baby girl with severe "chicken ADHD." She can't seem to focus on anything at any time, and her head is constantly moving! I'm blessed to even get a still shot of her that's NOT blurry. Avalon the SSH, who just laid her very first egg today! She is turning out already to be a fiercely protective broody, which is completely unexpected. I ended up with some marks on my hands as battle scars! Quite surprisingly, her egg didn't turn out to be the conventional white color that Hamburgs are known for. Instead, it was tinted and bore resemblance to an elegant rose-colored pearl. I'm proud of my girl! -Alex
there both the most beautiful girls in the world

By 7:30 this morning, all 4 of the eggs I had going in this set hatched! 3 Ayam Cemani (1 completely black, 2 with white areas) & 1 that was marked as the Black Phoenix Bantam but that isn't black & might have been mislabelled by the breeder. Or will change as it gets older. The last one to hatch is a bit weak right now & is the only one I'm worried about right now.

They are such beautiful little babies! Please keep us updated, I can't wait to see how they mature.
big_smile.png

Is the Phoenix the lightest one? You'll LOVE it whether it's a cockerel or pullet, believe me. My bantam BB Reds have both turned out to be sweet, handsome boys who get better and better looking by the day.
love.gif

there both the most beautiful girls in the world
Oh, thank you so much!
hugs.gif
They're very good girls to be sure.

~Alex

Last edited:
Love his eyes! What a beauty too. He reminds me of Alexandra33's Wheaten Ameraucana; Ling.

>Chicken-Eye

Thank you! I told my husband this one was a boy last week (we bought pullets). I'm still waiting for that definitive crowing but he certainly seems roo-ish. He loves being held. These are our first chickens, everything is new and exciting. I will have to post pics of the other chicks!

Yes, the lighter coloured one is the Phoenix! I hatched one last year (to the day) of this one, actually. :) She was a super tiny chick but ended up being the protector of my d'Anvers & d'Uccle (she also grew into a decent sized bantam). I guess I should think about that in regards to my last hatched chick. The little dude is up & doing the chick thing, but it's so small & not as fluffy as the other three. I shouldn't worry too much since it made it through the first night & seems to be doing okay otherwise. I'm such a helicopter mom.

Yes, the lighter coloured one is the Phoenix! I hatched one last year (to the day) of this one, actually.
smile.png
She was a super tiny chick but ended up being the protector of my d'Anvers & d'Uccle (she also grew into a decent sized bantam). I guess I should think about that in regards to my last hatched chick. The little dude is up & doing the chick thing, but it's so small & not as fluffy as the other three. I shouldn't worry too much since it made it through the first night & seems to be doing okay otherwise. I'm such a helicopter mom.
There's nothing wrong with being attentive to your little ones.
thumbsup.gif
You're doing a great job! Your grown Phoenix sounds like a really cool girl. I'm hoping against hope that my Phoenix boys turn out nice enough to stay.
fl.gif

Boy, that last AC is super black! I'm guessing it's the most "correct" one out of the bunch?

~Alex

Back
Top Bottom