Chicken Photos Thread

Pics
Enjoying a few minutes outside, finally had nice weather.. Truffle <3

Our biggest chick, almost 5 weeks
welcome-byc.gif

There's nothing wrong with being attentive to your little ones. :thumbsup  You're doing a great job! Your grown Phoenix sounds like a really cool girl. I'm hoping against hope that my Phoenix boys turn out nice enough to stay. :fl

Boy, that last AC is super black! I'm guessing it's the most "correct" one out of the bunch?

~Alex

I had been hoping for a male Phoenix last year. I really like those tails! :)

Yeah, the runt of the hatch is the only one of the 3 ACs that has the most correct colouring (he/she has a couple of clear toenails). The first one has a penguin-like face that cracks me up. Obviously, I was hoping all of them would be pure black, but I'm not a breeder so I don't really mind when it comes down to it.

I had been hoping for a male Phoenix last year. I really like those tails!
smile.png

Yeah, the runt of the hatch is the only one of the 3 ACs that has the most correct colouring (he/she has a couple of clear toenails). The first one has a penguin-like face that cracks me up. Obviously, I was hoping all of them would be pure black, but I'm not a breeder so I don't really mind when it comes down to it.

So do I! I'm practically busting out of my skin excited for Cobra and Viper to start growing those in.
ya.gif

Its face is REALLY cute, and as you pointed out, very penguin-like!
big_smile.png
They'll be fun to have around, perfect or not.
smile.png
Are you going to be keeping any cockerels out of the hatch?

~Alex

Last edited:
So do I! I'm practically busting out of my skin excited for Cobra and Viper to start growing those in. :ya

Its face is REALLY cute, and as you pointed out, very penguin-like! :D  They'll be fun to have around, perfect or not. :)  Are you going to be keeping any cockerels out of the hatch?

~Alex

I'll definitely keep any cockerels. I would make a terrible breeder because I would never sell any chicks! :lol: I'm not sure what I'll do if any/all turn out to be male, but I'll figure something out because I know myself & I can't give them away. I get too attached. :)

@uzisuzuki , I'm the same way!
big_smile.png
We had an agreement that I would rehome most of the cockerels out of my 15 bantams......guess what happened. 6 turned out to be boys, and I'm not doing a thing about it!
lau.gif
As long as they're good, they're staying.

@kirstenlee2002 , SSH stands for Silver Spangled Hamburg.
smile.png
Welcome to BYC, by the way!
welcome-byc.gif

@WVduckchick , those are some beautiful babies! My only Lav Orp turned out to be an accidental roo. He was a mean devil, that's for sure.
hit.gif

~Alex

Thanks Alex! I have 2 roos, and they are the most gentle (scaredy cats!) of all my males. They were the friendliest as chicks, and the most docile now. None of mine are really lap-chickens like they are for some people, but they aren't mean at all. My boys act like they have NO idea how huge they are! Here's one of them. I have no clue how he gets his big butt up on that roost!

Back
Top Bottom