Chicken Poop - Egg White Fluid Around Brown Poop???

kshelby96

In the Brooder
Aug 15, 2022
I wasn't able to take a picture. It's to dark at the moment. But my chicken, Liam - She looked like she was having constipation and when I went back out I found something that concerned me.

It was a big gooey mess that looked to be the white clear part of an egg (no yellow yolk) around a brown piece of poop. (the brown poop wasn't there so I'm assuming it came out with the goo)

She eats well, dust bathes, runs around and drinks water. it was just tonight when the constipation happened. She also laid an egg earlier that day. Normal one. Perfectly healthy.

I saw a post that said it could be stress. but also saw a post saying it could be EYP which doesn't seem good at all.

I just want to make sure she's okay and if I need to do anything. They've been eating a lot of watermelon which I will cut back on.

Thank you.

If you see another poop like that be sure to post some photos.

Behavior is going to be key here. If she's acting normal, eating/drinking and active, call it good.

If you notice any lethargy, not eating/drinking, etc. then report back and let us know.

If you see another poop like that be sure to post some photos.

Behavior is going to be key here. If she's acting normal, eating/drinking and active, call it good.

If you notice any lethargy, not eating/drinking, etc. then report back and let us know.
I'm gonna see if I can take a photo today.

And I'll keep an extra eye on her over the next few days to make sure nothing changes.

Thank you for responding!

Back
Top Bottom