Chicken (Poultry) Addiction Anonymous *Chat Thread*

NOW im up to 17 ....................... I cant make it an even 20 no non no nono
he.gif
A guy was down sizing his farm they were only 3$ each and laying still?!! how could I resisit!!!!!!!

Last edited:
its an addiction worse than smoking..im in australia.. i got into chooks then got out. then i thought (since i have a 2 year old) ya know what couple of chooks for her to show would be good my partner agreed on A Couple..so far we have trios,pairs and quads of breeds such as bantam red anconas,large black anconas,sussex both large and bantams,pit game, rhode island reds,welsummers,barnevelders,white leghorns,silkies,O.E.G bantam silver duckwing,muscovy ducks,geese,turkeys, and cause you have to set the pure bred eggs cant eat them well 70 odd layers cause i can.. my partner she gets the ***** about so many.. she gets worse cause i have an incubator full of eggs 4 broody chooks and currently 80 odd chickens.. any advice on how to not make her so cranky?

This thread has gone quiet for a while but i need to confess...... I am a poultry addict. I haven't ordered a chick since last august but today I fell off the wagon. Way way off.:he

This thread has gone quiet for a while but i need to confess...... I am a poultry addict. I haven't ordered a chick since last august but today I fell off the wagon. Way way off.:he

Sorry! We are here to help you with your addiction. Those chicks will really help you until they are grown. Then you'll have to order some more to feed the need.

I over came my ordering chicks addiction. I really did. I bought an incubator, so I don't feel the need to order anymore, I just hatch them out myself.

Well, i just bought more eggs and my friend gave me a dozen serama eggs and a dozen bantam cochin eggs because his incubator would heat up. I have 26 BLRW chicks and a free partridge cochin chick in the back room, two incubators full, 2 broodies on easter eggers, two broodies on muscovy eggs, 12 barnevelder eggs coming, a dozen eggs from poultry heaven, plus my 3 surprise boxes, 15 turkeys, and 30 pheasants coming......but I don't have a problem. I can stop any time I want. :jumpy

Our family is great at chicken math.
We started with 4 ISA Browns. When they got older, we decided we needed to integrate replacements. We also wanted a rooster.
4 new replacements + Rooster = 5 hens and 1 rooster. Of course that's not bad at all. Only one extra chicken right? I forgot to tell you about the incubator. :eek:
From only wanting 5 or 6 chickens, we somehow got lost along the way and now have 43 chickens. I thought 6 was a lot but we can't stop putting more eggs in the incubators. And when we want a new breed? We NEVER come back with just that breed. Go out for an Australorp? Come back with 3 barnevelders, 2 aracuanas and probably a duck.

Back
Top Bottom