Chicken/quail hybrid???

Pics
IMG_5371.png

The dark cornish hatched.

From your article, I see it says 2-3 weeks on page 4. I didn't see anything on page 3

IMG_5372.jpeg

Successful meaning that the embryos die before hatch or have a mess of health issues if they make it?
Sources?
I'll add my two cents in here even though it's been a while. Pheasant and Chicken crosses are not as rare as you think. It's a bit of a secret actually in the gamefowl world (gamefowl meaning chickens). I've had several people come buy some of my gamefowl chickens to cross with pheasants. There's a certain way to breed them where a specific generation becomes essentially a normal chicken but with Pheasant qualities. I'd assume the same logic can be applied to turkeys and quail but those are much further in similarity, and hybrids are much rarer (1 in 1000 eggs hatching for turchicken hybrids if I remember correctly). If you remember biology class, animals of the same species and genus can generally breed just fine, and there are many cases of animals within the same family that can breed. So it's not unheard of or impossible, and in fact it is proven to be possible in this specific case.

Back
Top Bottom