Chicken Recipe's

mjdtexan

Songster
11 Years
Sep 30, 2008
Houston(ish)
I purchased a 1947 Chambers stove yesterday. Its really neat and all of that. I am restoring it. Should have it done in a couple of weeks.

Anyway, I found some litature online about a mailer that Chambers did and came across these chicken recipies. I think they are middle to late 40's. Not sure, their old though. It is in the form of a booklet and it is a PDF file.

Chicken Recipes <----Klick

I have link to the pictures I took of the stove ifin your interested.

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing!!!
smile.png

Hey, mjdtexan, will you post a photo of your stove when it's finished? I love old stoves. We paid $$$$$$$ for our reconditioned O'Keefe and Merritt last year and we love it!

Quote:
I will. O'Keefe and Merrit is a really really nice stove.

Here are some of the Chambers when I got it home. Photos

Here are some of the tear down Photos

I am trying to find a source for to rechrome the cooktop and the knobs.

Thanks for sharing those photos, mjdtexan. That's a unique stove, and when you are done with it, it's going to be just stunning, and worth some big money too!

What is the deal with that built in double sided round lidded pot thingamajiggy?

Ours was reconditioned when we bought it last year. I got so tired of the electronics burning out in new stoves so we bit the bullet and spent the money for one that will last the rest of our lives.

Quote:
Those go in the thermowell. Its an area in the stove top that the burner is way down in the stovetop and those two pots go on top of it and cook. They are totaly concealed when you stick the stovetop lid on them. It the hole in the stove top that is to the rear and right. You run the gas for about 15 or 20 minutes and then turn it off. The stove stores the heat and your meal continues to to cook with the gas turned off.

"Cook with the gas off" was one of Chambers Stoves slogans. There was a triple pot set and a single pot set as well. I am currently on the lookout for those, especially the single pot one. The cheapest original single pot one that I have found is $145.

Right now I am trying to find a vendor (vender?) to rechrome the cooktop and the handles and knobs.

Last edited:
Wow! What a great name: the thermowell. Thanks for the explanation. I'll keep my eyes out for the pots- you never know.
Our stove was rechromed here in Los Angeles, so can't help you with that. Good luck.

This morning I have found out that the stove is not a 1947 as was advertised to me on craigslist. Its a 1944. Thats all the better I eggspect.

Back
Top Bottom