chicken sadles

mama dixie

Chirping
8 Years
Aug 11, 2011
does anyone know where I can get a chicken saddle pattern or get some for a good price. my roo is pecking my hens bald and is making them all bald by there tails. they look so sore by there tails were they have no feathers it is just a lucky few that are the roo's fav but I want to protect them. also do they make chicken bonnets?

Louise Country Closet sell them.

Here is Stan modeling the hen saver:

Louise Country Closet sell them.

Here is Stan modeling the hen saver:

Cross dressing the rooster, or did he insist if everyone else had one he needed one too. Maybe he thinks its a super hero cape.
idunno.gif

lol lol I love it super hero cape , I was asking my mother in law if she had any scrap fabric, she used to be a seamstris for a living, for chicken sadels and if she could help me to make some. she was not very nice she said you were going to get rid of some of thoes they will never be cost efective. then she called back and said you just need to get rid of the rooser or pen him up. Gosh she was just so unkind. I know she grew up during the depredtion and animals were only looked at as food but she said why would you bother making sadles for them, I said well some are almost bleeding and she said still they will just get dirty and be a problum. I just have such a hard time I want to say I love my birds and only keep the nice ones and they feed us with eggs and with laughter and they breed and we, now that we know they are diease free sell there offspring and I wanted to tell her to stop bing so mean. she is 80 and I understand she is grouchy but I dont want to even go there any more, or I want to take my prety girls and show them to her just to say there here and not going any where lady. I live in the county and with the deer, rabits and coons eating all my vegies and almost all my flowers I need some thing that is a positive or I would sell this place in a hart beat to be back whree I can grow my garden and flowers,

thank you so much for the paterns for the sadels I think I will use some old towls untill I can aford to make some fancy ones and I will try to figure how to make a cap that will be harder I think but my poor girls are just pecked bald the popular ones at least.

Back
Top Bottom