Chicken safe Cake?

I was just thinking of posting a thread with my chicken-safe cake, but wasn’t sure if there would be enough interest. My kids recently asked to make a cake to celebrate our chickens’ 5-month birthday :lol: What I did was I mixed their usual feed crumbles with plain yogurt (I make my own so I always have extra), to a consistency where it holds together - not too runny, not too crumbly. I put it in a bowl, packed it full, and flipped it upside down. That gave the cake a nice smooth round shape. The kids then decorated it with blueberries and tomatoes. We didn’t think to frost it with yogurt, that’s another good idea (maybe for their 6-month birthday :lol:). The chickens loved it! And it was wholely healthy.

1C886414-C90A-435C-82D9-00DF23204EA8.jpeg
EAC5F44A-7DD6-4AFF-A2C0-468F551AC16F.jpeg
A6251C85-FA62-49A5-9241-1E614178F1CE.jpeg

I was just thinking of posting a thread with my chicken-safe cake, but wasn’t sure if there would be enough interest. My kids recently asked to make a cake to celebrate our chickens’ 5-month birthday :lol: What I did was I mixed their usual feed crumbles with plain yogurt (I make my own so I always have extra), to a consistency where it holds together - not too runny, not too crumbly. I put it in a bowl, packed it full, and flipped it upside down. That gave the cake a nice smooth round shape. The kids then decorated it with blueberries and tomatoes. We didn’t think to frost it with yogurt, that’s another good idea (maybe for their 6-month birthday :lol:). The chickens loved it! And it was wholely healthy.

View attachment 2352672View attachment 2352673View attachment 2352674
That looks great! I will totally do something like that fora whole flock cake, but I am looking to actually bake something to make use of the tiny cupcake wrappers :D

Back
Top Bottom