Chicken starting to run into walls nonstop

And you just ASSSUMED she NEVER GOES OUT. I even SAID she "can't go out until well"
If you had worded it better, it would have been easier to understand. You didn’t say she was a house chicken temporarily... you said she is a house chicken and can’t go out until well. See where some confusion might come through?
Anywho, it sounds like it has neurological issues - either that or it really wants out. You haven’t provided any pictures, so no one can really help to confirm
fowl pox / eye injury.

She has been twice, first pic the day I took her to vet, second pic, 6 days later. Avian vet removed scabs and said either pox or cancer. My question is if the behavior is normal for fowl pox since the next thing maybe cancer. Third pic is what she DID look like
DSC_0310 (2).JPG
DSC_0398 (2).JPG

Attachments

• DSC_0051 (2).JPG
    DSC_0051 (2).JPG
    272.3 KB · Views: 13
And you just ASSSUMED she NEVER GOES OUT. I even SAID she "can't go out until well"
That sounds like a very stressful situation for both you and Muppet! It's so hard to read our chickens mind to know exactly what they are needing at the moment or what you can do to make her feel better! An excited chicken is hard to calm down. Especially if she doesn't like to be held! I just wanted to encourage you. You've done a wonderful thing by already having taken her to the vet, many people wouldn't have done that. You are doing great. There's so many different illness with chickens that even the most experienced people don't always know what to do! Keep us updated on her condition and know that you are doing what only the best people do-taking her to the vet to find the problem.

I just took another pic. This is after I put the triple anti-bac eye ointment on/in. I think this morning was pain since she calmed down an hour after she got the Meloxicam. The vet said if the eyelid does not work after it heals, I will have to probably have her remove the eye since she won't be able to keep it moist.
DSC_0425 (2).JPG

Attachments

• DSC_0426 (2).JPG
    DSC_0426 (2).JPG
    212.9 KB · Views: 11

Back
Top Bottom