Chicken Tips - Take a Tip, Leave a Tip

Remember if you fall in the coop you are at the mercy of mini raptors.... They will eat you....
lau.gif

Oatmeal is a really good treat to give them.... I just throw a couple of handfuls and they go crazy.... I might cook them some when it gets colder but for now I just throw it to them.... A really cheap treat for them....

Hold a chicken since the day it was born (or as soon as you get it) for about 30 seconds a day. It made all of my chickens (roosters too!) pretty nice, and very gentle. My Rhode Island Rooster was the nicest thing ever! He would come up to me and allow me to pet him.

If they are older, I would give it a go any way.

I LOVE THIS!!!!Put raw apple cider vineger in your water every time you change it,you will have healthy chcikens.I use 1 Tbl. to a gallon of water.Have used it for four years now and have had no worms that I can see.Also pumpkins split apart are great for the chickens two,they are a natural wormer also.I`m sure I have more tips just have to think of them.

Quote:
Don't they make you eggs? I take those as "thank you" from my hens.

Heck no! When they are out foraging I sneak in and steal them.
I'm pretty sure they aren't thinking of me when they lay them.
That's what they get for leaving their coop unlocked. LOL.

Quote:
Well from your picture, it seams that they allow you to feed them by hand, and at least look at them. I call that a tip, looking at beautiful hens, and handsome roosters!

When a rooster, even a nice Silkie rooster, is shut up in a cat carrier for 48 hours (hey, it was to save his life, and his girlies lives) don't, repeat, DO NOT reach your hand in through the door to take him out without HEAVY DUTY gloves with a Longgggg sleeve attached to it. OWWWW. He sure bites hard.

Back
Top Bottom