Chicken Tips - Take a Tip, Leave a Tip

Don't wear Crocs barefoot that have the holes in the top or do if you want to entertain your chickens by thinking your feet are worms and they better get them out of the holes fast.
gig.gif

Quote:
Yep- that is why we are building our second coop.
th.gif

Also make sure to build it bigger than you think you need it...chicken math at work here
gig.gif

When adding new chickens to the flock add them at night just when its getting dark... I found this to work really well, almost like they wake up and don't realize...

Be prepared to feed wild birds and rodents
(mice/rats/chipmunks/squirrels/groundhogs)
unless you use 100% hardware cloth up down underneath and around!
(so happy that our coop & run is Fort Knox)

If you have baby chicks born in an incubator or have ordered some and you have a broody take them out at dark and slip them under her(make sure you take out eggs or golf balls that she is sitting on)Be very quiet and make sure it is dark,I have done this many times and it has always worked for me.So much easier for mom to raise them.

Scooter&Suzie :

When a rooster, even a nice Silkie rooster, is shut up in a cat carrier for 48 hours (hey, it was to save his life, and his girlies lives) don't, repeat, DO NOT reach your hand in through the door to take him out without HEAVY DUTY gloves with a Longgggg sleeve attached to it. OWWWW. He sure bites hard.

My silkie roo would never do this!
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom