Chicken TV is my favorite channel :)

AnnieAlbright

Chirping
8 Years
Jun 27, 2011
Monmouth County, NJ
Here's a little Chicken TV from our first coop and flock!

OurBlueCoop.jpg

The ladies seem happy so far. Once they destroy all the grass we're thinking of laying down gravel and sand. I'm also going to add a little extension to left side of the run so they will have a nice sunny spot, though it's not too sunny in the pic. The girls love to watch our new German Shepard puppy, Rhaego, play in the yard. They are his cheerleaders and groupies and always come out and sing when he's around.
yippiechickie.gif

I know this is a little off subject, but I have been trying to visualize a coop like this for my bantam family!
I really enjoyed this chicken t.v., it was kinda like This Old Coop for me, gotta go see if I can find materials for the remodel!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the compliments. Haha, I was thinking "This Old Coop" when I was getting it set up. Neither the DH or I were going to attempt to build from scratch, so we found this one on Ebay --> Larry's Coops. He builds them to your specifications, delivers, and sets it up where you want. We are planning on putting a larger one in a different area of the yard with a big run we can walk into (along with a kennel and storage shed), but this is perfect for the winter because it's insulated and under the Sq Ft we'd need a permit for. The larger one is a project for next year and we'll need permits from the town. I guess a larger coop means more chicks in the spring...
jumpy.gif

I like our big coop because it has people sized doors and alot of room.It's 8x10 with a 10x20 run, but i would like a small coop for my kids pet chickens.
I'm gonna call it the Microegg Mansion.

Back
Top Bottom