chicken walks all hunched down

toto17

Hatching
6 Years
Jun 8, 2013
I hav a chicken who walks as if she is laying on eggs very slow and very low to the ground. She was laying in a crate for five days and barely goy out of it today I dont know if she is sick or maybe week from not moving. Anybody ever encounter this. Also some of the other hens are starting to peck at her feathers because she does not move much. Thanks in advance for your replies.. Toto

UGH!!! I have a 9 week old that has started this today....can anyone please advise? Has yours lost some weight? I can feel the breast bone in my girl.....she is walking 'squatty' like she's laying on eggs....she did eat and drink this afternoon, only she did the eating sitting down...she also seems a bit wobbly... :(

Sounds like it could be an egg that's stuck. You can try setting them in some nice warm water for a while. You can give an internal exam, if you feel an egg, oil a finger and try to oil around the egg .

Sometimes you have to wait till you see more symptoms. If she looks sick, you may want to try some corid for coccidiosis. If she doesn't look sick, I may try vitamins, but not at the same time.

Back
Top Bottom