Chicken wheezing & coughing

aliren

Chirping
Jan 30, 2016
Midlands uk
2 of my hens are wheezing & ones coughing , she's a black rock , no clue of age as she is a rescue, she's going though a moult, still eating & drinking , no messy bottom.
The other is a ex battery hen, about 5 years old, most of the time she looks like in a world of her own starting into space , again she's eating drinking , but will sit and breath quit heavy, I have some amoxicillin 500mg , what doses should I give ! And best way to give, I'm not able to separate them from the other 6 . I'm not able to put video up but put a picture, it's the brown & black one at the front.
IMG_4237.JPG

I think that if you mixed the 500 mg amoxicillin into 4 ml of plain yogurt or water, and then gave her 1 ml twice a day, that would equal 125 mg twice a day. The recommended dose is 250-300mg daily in 2 or 3 divided doses. Casportpony may have more advice for you.

I think that if you mixed the 500 mg amoxicillin into 4 ml of plain yogurt or water, and then gave her 1 ml twice a day, that would equal 125 mg twice a day. The recommended dose is 250-300mg daily in 2 or 3 divided doses. Casportpony may have more advice for you.
Thanks , I think that seems the easiest way to do it.

I think I posted in another thread that the dose my vet had me use is 57 mg per pound twice a day.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom