Chicken with 2 vents?

This would be very uncommon. How old is the chicken in question? The reason I ask is that often times people with newly hatched chicks confuse the umbilical area as a second vent.

Thank you!! She just hit a year. There's no questioning this. I'm embarrassed to say I've just noticed it. I have a minor lice issue w 2 birds (she's one of the two) so I've been in their business a few times this week and while I check them regularly this one is slightly off to the side of the "main?" one and was under feathers. I'm alternating dawn baths and poultry dust and I saw it when her feathers were wet.

I'm trying to find out if this would cause any issues down the road.

Last edited:
She just got dusted sorry, I wish I took the picture when she was fresh out of the tub.
1f602.png

Last edited:
She just got dusted sorry, I wish I took the picture when she was fresh out of the tub.
1f602.png

Update!!! She has now laid 2 robins egg sized eggs that do not contain a yolk. She lays normal sized eggs on other days. It's pretty interesting. .

I am probably crazy (my husband says I am w all my chicken talk) but there is no question this bird has 2 vents. Lol. I think the normal eggs are coming from the left and the minis are coming from the right. It's completely bizarre.

Back
Top Bottom