Chicken with a hard time breathing

Would the symptoms be similar to what she has?
Yes. If an egg breaks internally these symptoms are common. If an eggs Break inside a chicken, you need to Give her epsom salt baths throughout the day, around 2-3 a day and after each one put her in a small dark area to see if she can pass the egg. You may want to rub vaseline or oil around her vent so it can lubricate and make it easier for the shell to pass.

Yes. If an egg breaks internally these symptoms are common. If an eggs Break inside a chicken, you need to Give her epsom salt baths throughout the day, around 2-3 a day and after each one put her in a small dark area to see if she can pass the egg. You may want to rub vaseline or oil around her vent so it can lubricate and make it easier for the shell to pass.
Ok thank you. I will give that a try. Will she not lay in a box?

I’ve just noticed her eyes are a red-orange which is very different than my other birds who have more of a yellow eye color. Is this an indication of anything? If so how can I help her. She seems so pitiful.

Attachments

• 26E26B20-2E91-4B89-8D5A-C8142D7C3873.jpeg
    26E26B20-2E91-4B89-8D5A-C8142D7C3873.jpeg
    674.6 KB · Views: 7
So far nothing has changed. She still has difficulty breathing and stands around sleeping. Occasionally she gets a burst of energy and scratches for a few but mainly she is standing still. Her eyes are still reddish and she is drinking more than she is eating, both being decreased. She’s still shaking her head a ton and making a high pitched noice. Her poop is also yellow now.
I‘ve been trying a ton of different things, Vet Rx, Corid, natural tea made from various herbs, epsom salt bathes and nothing seems to be getting any better.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated, I really don’t want to lose her.

Unfortunately, she didn’t make it.
She lasted a few more weeks past my last post. She started to improve, eating more everyday. In the end we had a few cold nights and she got chilled and passed in the night. My guess is she just didn’t have any reserve on her to stay warm.

Oh, no! So sorry to bring it back up. I was searching through posts last night for my girl. She has similar poo. I’m starting her on baytril and hoping it helps. ❣️

Oh, no! So sorry to bring it back up. I was searching through posts last night for my girl. She has similar poo. I’m starting her on baytril and hoping it helps. ❣️
No worries!
Sorry to hear about your hen. Hopefully you're able to get her heathy again. Wish I could be more of a help.

Back
Top Bottom