Chicken with crooked toes cant perch.

seabright

In the Brooder
7 Years
Jun 15, 2012
I have a golden seabright that cant perch with the others is there any way to straighten them?He's about 3 months old.(dont know how to post pictures yet) thanks.

Any ideas?
hmm.png

One of mine had a crooked toe when it was younger. I used like a popsicle stick and then taped it around the toe. I think you have to do it when they are very young though. You could still try it and see if it gets fixed. I'm no expert :/ Has it always been crooked?

yep. worth a try, who knows? But that is something that is easily corrected if caught when they are really, really young. (do a site search`there is a great article on here about that)

good luck
smile.png

Last edited:
How could i do that whith all 4 toes? there all curled inward on both feet. i'll check around for more info.

He's kinda past the age to try anything, but it never hurts to give him a chance. You can cut a piece of cardboard to a square shape-small enough to positions his toes- and tape in place. Keep in place for 2-3 week This bandage must be kept clean and dry. It the bandage gets wet you need to immediately change it. If both feet are affected you should probably keep the chicken separate from the others. If you can't get the toes to straighten , add 2x4 as roosts and give him a flat surface to roost on. Good luck!

I have a 5 month Golden Laced Polish with all crooked toes on one foot. She is one of our favorites. She still gets around and perches on a square board. She loves to perch in front of the nests and put her head in the nest as a pillow. It is pretty sweet.

Back
Top Bottom