Chicken with egg shell stuck in vent!!! I NEED HELP NOW!!!!!!!

How is she doing today? Any updates?
Shes not too well. Shes just laying there. I noticed when I hold mealworms up to her, her pupils will get small like in interest. I know all my chickens do that, but I noticed with her like she seems to go in and out of focusing on things. Maybe just because shes not well? She feels hot and just lays all day. I got her out and put her on my lap and she fell asleep. I bought calcium and got some more of that down her. How often do I give it to her? This is what I got.
1650048968507.png
Also how often do I give the amoxicillin?

I didn't end up being able to get the tube feeding kit, she has been drinking I noticed though. And every time I give her a pill I put some water in her beak and she always swallows it gratefully.

I didn't end up being able to get the tube feeding kit, she has been drinking I noticed though. And every time I give her a pill I put some water in her beak and she always swallows it gratefully.
Tube feeding supplies can be hard to find sometimes. Walmart may have some syringes big enough. TSC would be another place for syringes. 50ml are ideal, but smaller would better than nothing. I would call them first and see if they have it. If they do, they may set it aside for you at their counter.

For tubing, you can use aquarium tubing in a pinch. That you can get at a pet store, probably walmart too. You just need to make sure you melt the ends so it is not sharp. Any supple bendable tubing will work. It just can be too stiff or it cause damage.

I hope she makes it.

Tube feeding supplies can be hard to find sometimes. Walmart may have some syringes big enough. TSC would be another place for syringes. 50ml are ideal, but smaller would better than nothing. I would call them first and see if they have it. If they do, they may set it aside for you at their counter.

For tubing, you can use aquarium tubing in a pinch. That you can get at a pet store, probably walmart too. You just need to make sure you melt the ends so it is not sharp. Any supple bendable tubing will work. It just can be too stiff or it cause damage.

I hope she makes it.
Ok thanks! I called my dogs vet and they said they have something called red rubber catheter. They asked what size I need and I have no clue. Also I put an old blanket on my bed while I did some research, and set her beside me, and I offered her some mealworms and she ate a bunch. She won't eat the normal food but at least she ate something. She also drank some more water. Well as I was logging onto BYC she stood up and pooped a big nasty stinky runny pile, which is very concerning but I was glad to see her go to the bathroom!
1650055760418.png
1650055775417.png
on the paper towel was after I wiped it up.

Back
Top Bottom