Chicken with SEVERE swelling in her sinus/and around the eye, PLEASE HELP IDK WHAT IT IS OR WHAT TO DO IS THIS CORYZA?

When we don’t have bird vets available, sometimes a regular dog/cat vet will help you out. Horse vets may well too. Enrofloxacin can treat both coryza and MG I believe. Sulfa antibiotics are are good for coryza.

When we don’t have bird vets available, sometimes a regular dog/cat vet will help you out. Horse vets may well too. Enrofloxacin can treat both coryza and MG I believe. Sulfa antibiotics are are good for coryza.
Where can you get enrofloxacain?

How is your Chicken doing?

Hello, unfortunately my girl lavender passed away a day ago and wasn't able to recover from coryza, i was also planning to put her down the day she had passed.
R.I.P sweet girl she will be deeply missed by myself and her flock ❤💜

Hello, unfortunately my girl lavender passed away a day ago and wasn't able to recover from coryza, i was also planning to put her down the day she had passed.
R.I.P sweet girl she will be deeply missed by myself and her flock ❤💜
Oh, I’m so sorry 😢 That looked bad. take heart in knowing you did all you could caring for her and she’s no longer in pain. :hugs

Ys
Oh, I’m so sorry 😢 That looked bad. take heart in knowing you did all you could caring for her and she’s no longer in pain. :hugs
Yes its ok
, its always what happens when you become a chicken owner, regardless of how long you've owned them for you always learn something knew it seems
At least she's no longer in pain, I'll be sure to have antibiotics on hand so when anymore chickens that do get coryza or any form of cold infection I'll be sure to treat straight away wish i could have done the same with lavender 💜

Heres a sweet photo of lavender when she was well

Screenshot_20221006-220407.jpg

Oh, my heart breaks reading this post.. my alpha Myrtle died of an ovarian infection that made lash eggs.. I couldn't find any information and she died in my arms.. I was a crazy woman knocking on every chicken owners door trying to find out.. I had to do an autopsy to even begin to search for answers to heal my other girls.. I love my chickens.. I know you loved lavender.. so sorry for your loss!!

Back
Top Bottom