CHICKEN WITH TWO DISK LIKE LUMPS ON NECK AND CHEST HELP!!

PeytonGardiner

In the Brooder
Oct 19, 2019
First discovered two days ago
Haven’t been able to find any poops/offsite due to move.
No known trauma, I am very afraid! She is my best chicken and I couldn’t loose her! Adult hen, ~2 years. At first I thought it was impacted crop but I’m almost certain it’s not, it feels like two disks, one on her neck and the other on her chest more. She holds her head tucked into her shoulders.

You either need to describe these lumps in much more detail, (size, texture, exact locations, color, whether just below the outer skin or deeper tissue or on the surface, or take some photos, both closeup and contextual so we can have an idea of scale.

You either need to describe these lumps in much more detail, (size, texture, exact locations, color, whether just below the outer skin or deeper tissue or on the surface, or take some photos, both closeup and contextual so we can have an idea of scale.
The skin color was normal with no odd texture. The first lump is on the front left side of the neck and Smaller than the other (about one inch outward) it’s like a disk. The second is another inch down and further left and slightly larger. She holds her head tucked into her shoulders and is still a bit Lively. I am unsure how deep it is
Thank you so much for any help!

1.When you press on the lumps do they seem to float around under the skin?
2.Or do they seem fastened in place solidly?
3.Are the lumps soft like a marshmallow or hard like a marble?
4.Do they seem to be inside the crop or close to the surface just under the skin?

The skin color was normal with no odd texture. The first lump is on the front left side of the neck and Smaller than the other (about one inch outward) it’s like a disk. The second is another inch down and further left and slightly larger. She holds her head tucked into her shoulders and is still a bit Lively. I am unsure how deep it is
Thank you so much for any help!
1.When you press on the lumps do they seem to float around under the skin?
2.Or do they seem fastened in place solidly?
3.Are the lumps soft like a marshmallow or hard like a marble?
4.Do they seem to be inside the crop or close to the surface just under the skin?

They are firm and unmoving, hard like marbles,
exactly! However, my hen is about 1 1/2-2 years old and there are two with one a bit higher up and not as large

Back
Top Bottom