Chicken with Watery white poop

I have an 8 week old chick that is an Easter Egger. She is solid black in color and her name is “Pepper”.

It never ceases to amaze me at how different Easter Eggers can look due to the mixture of their genetics.

Pepper sends love to her distant cousin, Alice. Hang in there, @ChickKeeper ! ❤️
Awe, she is adorable! Thank you for all the love and good thoughts❤

She is home again and seems to be in good spirits. Although that means trying to keep her from jumping and finding stray particles to eat.

Her medication schedule is exhausting though.

The results I have been told so far didn't really find anything.

Bacteria in the culture so far is normal gut flora.

No cancer.

Showed she was a little anemic, but since she wasn't getting proper nutrition at the time it is understandable.

The discoloration was iron deposits that were very superficial. No indication that they are part of a more serious disease. No way to tell how long they have been there, but could be caused by previous trama or internal bleeding (something like an egg follicle releasing wrong). Nothing she saw indicated anything currently concerning.

So, no bad news, but not really an answer.

She had a 1 week check up today. Everything looks as expected for this point.

Stitches all look clean. She gained 10grams, not a lot but better than nothing.

She is now allowed 2tbs of crumbles and 100ml of water daily. She is thrilled to be able to eat and drink again, even if most of her nutrition will still be through the feeding tube.

So overall good news.

Update: Today she had her sutures removed!
She is allowed to jump now.
Feeding tube is still in place with 4 feedings a day. Rations have been increased to 6tbs of food and 250ml of water.
She has gained 160grams since the surgery (90 since Tuesday).

Back
Top Bottom