Chicken won't leave alone the dog that's trying to eat her

MochaDuck

Crowing
Jun 7, 2018
So my chicken keeps escaping from the pen and walking up to the dog who wants to eat her. We've clipped one wing, which didn't work so we plan to try and clip both wings. If that doesn't work, what else should we try?
Thanks all

So my chicken keeps escaping from the pen and walking up to the dog who wants to eat her. We've clipped one wing, which didn't work so we plan to try and clip both wings. If that doesn't work, what else should we try?
Thanks all
Don't clip the other wing. It is surprising how well they can fly with both wings clipped. Make sure that you have correctly clipped the one wing. Also make sure that she isn't finding a hole or just climbing or jumping out.

I'd watch it. A chicken did that to my dad's dog, and the dog got smart and went backward a little bit to make the chicken think that the chain just went that far and when the chicken got closer the dog grabbed it.

Observe...from a distance so she doesn't know your watching. You would be surprised how sneaky some chickens can be. Try to figure out how she is getting out and fix it to where she can't. When I read this it brought back memories of Saturday morning cartoons (Foghorn Leghorn picking the sleeping dog up by the tail and smacking it in the butt with a board then running away from the dog till he reached the end of his chain.)

Don't clip the other wing. It is surprising how well they can fly with both wings clipped. Make sure that you have correctly clipped the one wing. Also make sure that she isn't finding a hole or just climbing or jumping out.
I do not like this because not accurate. My position is based on more than opinion.

Back
Top Bottom