Chickens 101

They should be available at your feed store and you can also crush their own eggs and feed them back to them too, mine seem to prefer their own.
I wash them then either use a hot oven or a blast in the microwave to kill any germs and done !

For a first timer, read all you can, learn all you can and always knock yourself out to provide for your chickens. That said, don't get so hung up on the so called rules that you feel like you have to do something, when in your particular situation it may not make clear sense. Always pay attention to what is going on and listen to what your chickens are saying, especially the chicks. They will tell you when something is wrong, otherwise when in doubt, leave them alone. Lots of room, lots of fresh air, food and clean water and they can take care of the rest.

ANOTHER LITTLE HINT: When you have too many eggs in your fridge, you CAN crack one in each of your muffin tins....freeze them, and store in a freezer bag. I have 74 eggs at this moment in a freezer bag, just little balls of frozen lovliness! Helps storing them for future baking/scrambling! Not suitable for a good fried egg anymore, but i get 7 a day at least so fresh=fried, frozen=baking!

Back
Top Bottom