Chickens and Depression

That's a good story! I had almost the same problem! I was so depressed and lonely due to the pandemic situation. I moved to another state - found a job. And them - pandemic began. I lost my job. I had no friends. I always wanted to live on a farm - and I love chickens! I didn't know what to do. I found online therapy providers here drmental.org and decided to give it a try. And my new psychologist said: do what you like - and you will be happy. And it inspired me! I found a job on a farm! And now I'm really happy here. Btw I have master's degree in computer science.

:welcome Hello from Nova Scotia and welcome to BYC! You’ve joined a great and resourceful community! Enjoy your journey!
Bernie, this is excellent. I am so sorry you were feeling that depressed but so happy for you that your chickens have given you a sense of purpose and most importantly happiness. I understand completely, as I’m sure we all do on this forum, the joy our flocks bring us all. I am new to chickens as well as of May this year and I never realized I could be this enamoured with chickens. I hope they continue to provide you with joy 🐓❤️

Back
Top Bottom