Chickens and snow

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by basketmom, Dec 21, 2009.

1. basketmom

basketmom Out Of The Brooder

Nov 6, 2009
    I am new to the chicken world..My babies are 6 months old next week and I am always amazed by them. I have felt so guilty because we could not afford to put a roof on the run this year and I was worried about the winter. However, this was two days ago and I cannot believe they were out in the run playing all day [​IMG] It is so amazing to learn and grow with them!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 21, 2009
  2. The Chicken People

The Chicken People Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2009
    Smithville, Mo
    [​IMG] and I like your set up! Maybe cover 1/2 of the top with a tarp until the snow is gone?

3. basketmom

basketmom Out Of The Brooder

Nov 6, 2009
    Well I was lucky, because the chicken wire on the top caught the snow and made an igloo sort of [​IMG] I begged hubby and promised Santa I would be a good girl if I could buy a few sheets of pvc roofing next week and he said YES! [​IMG] So only another week and they will have at least a partial roof for this winter. He says I spoil them, but it's so much fun [​IMG]

4. animalnut

animalnut New Egg

Dec 21, 2009
    I have a cover over part of my run and my girls will not go out at all unless forced out.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by