Chickens are gone!

.22, .410, or 20 gauge will do the trick as long as you’re not breaking any laws.

are you 100% sure it was a fox? I don’t think they take the carcasses. It seems like someone stole your chickens and killed the rooster. To find no trace of the bodies is very odd. Do you have a security or game camera on your property? I would prioritize that if you get new chickens.

.22, .410, or 20 gauge will do the trick as long as you’re not breaking any laws.

are you 100% sure it was a fox? I don’t think they take the carcasses. It seems like someone stole your chickens and killed the rooster. To find no trace of the bodies is very odd. Do you have a security or game camera on your property? I would prioritize that if you get new chickens.
Not 100% sure it was the fox, but 90%... you really think a human did it? Ugh,how creepy. I ordered a game camera the other day, it should be arriving soon.

Not 100% sure it was the fox, but 90%... you really think a human did it? Ugh,how creepy. I ordered a game camera the other day, it should be arriving soon.
It’s just so odd that there is no sign of dead chickens anywhere but feathers in the coop and they left the dead rooster. There are weird people out there..And silkies are so cute and unique. It was my first thought that someone swiped them. I hope not. Take care of yourself

It’s just so odd that there is no sign of dead chickens anywhere but feathers in the coop and they left the dead rooster. There are weird people out there..And silkies are so cute and unique. It was my first thought that someone swiped them. I hope not. Take care of yourself
Thanks, you too. Your reasoning definitely makes sense... I’ll be adding a lock to my shopping list!

I’ve been following this thread for a bit, thank goodness a few of your girls showed back up, I hope more pop up. My condolences about your poor rooster though, at least he went doing what it is roosters are meant to do..:hugs
I've been following as well. I lean human. Opened coop...killed Roo...let the rest out. Maybe kept a couple for dinner or otherwise.

I’ve been following this thread for a bit, thank goodness a few of your girls showed back up, I hope more pop up. My condolences about your poor rooster though, at least he went doing what it is roosters are meant to do..:hugs
Thank you so much for your support, it is much appreciated. That little rooster is a gosh-darn hero in my book!

Back
Top Bottom