Chickens are so dumb

Q9

General Headache
13 Years
Jun 22, 2009
The Sovereign State of NC
Imagine that you're one of four RIR hens in a tractor. Okay, good. Now imagine that it's a winter day and it's beginning to POUR down rain.

Under these circumstances, what would you do? Probably head indoors for shelter, right? WRONG. If you're one of our hens, you'd stand outside like a goon and get soaked, while looking absolutely miserable. At the first hint of snow, however, you'd fly into a complete panic and dash for shelter.

New scenario: Searing July day. One of the humans comes and sprays you lightly with the hose. Common sense dictates that you would stand under the water and cool off. Not ours. Complete panic and a mad dash for the coop is what happens.

Are ALL chickens this dumb, or is it just ours?
lau.gif
gig.gif

My chickens also learned where to stand to keep the rain off their heads. They are scared of hose and its the only thing that works if i want them to learn that they should not go to an area, not that it does really work tho

My chickens HATE the 'spitting cobra' (aka garden hose). The poor delicate creatures also get quite offended with me when I make it rain.
idunno.gif
Like I have any control over the weather - silly birds.

Last edited:
Quote:
You oughtta here ours when it rains. If I go out to get eggs, they go berserk.
lol.png
Like I said, though, they stand outside IN the rain! First hint of snow, though, and they run for their little lives.
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom