Chickens are so dumb

Quote:
So that you'll bring them inside and fuss over them, and give them treats if/when they 'magically' recooperate.

Ours aren't that smart.
lol.png
We just let 'em sit out if they want. There's a door right next to them that they can go into for shelter.

Your chickens aren't manipulative?!
th.gif
Wanna trade?

Depends on the chook.

My isas and leghorns cuddle up to the windows when it rains and hang out under the awning. The araucanas stand around in the middle of the yard look really sad and depressed and ANGRY AT ME because I CAUSED THIS. D: The ducks/geese frolick in it until day 3 when they join the Araucanas. By day 5 everyone is in the middle of the yard looking at me angrily going, "BOK BOK BOK bokbok BOK".... I can't translate this on this forum, but if you get your chicken (18wks+) to read it to you, you'll understand their anger.

My chickens aren't exaactly, "dumb" they're evil genius's!(did i spell that right?) They are the kind of chickens who trip you and make you fall in the snow/mud, yet they aren't smart enough to go in the coop when it's raining/snowing.
roll.png
But, I love em'.
big_smile.png

Last edited:
I've got a lav orp roo that is going to die from his own stupidity. It's actually amazing he's still alive. He likes to try and drown himself int eh waterer. I dont' mean throw water around and get all wet. I mean, he likes to dunk his head in the water and hold it there. He actually gave himself a bit of a lung problem with the water he aspirated. Then he almost died from not eating. Super smart bird. Finally got him to come around and today I go out and find him wedged under the hay trough. I guess he'd been there all night. His one wing was all droopy and he walked funny for a while. I imagine he wasn't getting the right amount of blood circulating...chicken equivalent of your foot falling asleep.....Dumb bird.

now I'm worried about my chickens --- they do not notice the weather -- rain, snow, sleet, and the 50-mile an hour winds that blew their feathers backwards last week -- nope, they just kept on keeping on -- it's all the same to them --
lol.png

Quote:
That was one of the funniest things I've EVER read in my ENTIRE life.
gig.gif
I can't believe a chicken would ever NOT eat, though. Ours start small-scale wars if they spot a treat.
roll.png

Quote:
obviously their 'solution' was for everyone to eat all chickens -- world-wide KFC

Last edited:
Imagine that you're one of four RIR hens in a tractor. Okay, good. Now imagine that it's a winter day and it's beginning to POUR down rain.

Under these circumstances, what would you do? Probably head indoors for shelter, right? WRONG. If you're one of our hens, you'd stand outside like a goon and get soaked, while looking absolutely miserable. At the first hint of snow, however, you'd fly into a complete panic and dash for shelter.

New scenario: Searing July day. One of the humans comes and sprays you lightly with the hose. Common sense dictates that you would stand under the water and cool off. Not ours. Complete panic and a mad dash for the coop is what happens.

Are ALL chickens this dumb, or is it just ours?
lau.gif
gig.gif
YESSSSSS

Back
Top Bottom