chickens are very slow / sleeping in the middle of the day

information for treatments read online should always be researched for yourself. It is always best to consult an avian vet when dealing with illness in geese. The information below is how WE dose and use the flushes here on our farm.

Flushes**

Epsom Salt Flush:
3 Tsp. Epsom Salts.
1 ½ Cups water
¼ – ½ gram vitamin and electrolyte powder * Optional
2 – 3 times a day for 3 days or until a full recovery is made.

Molasses Flush:
1 cup Molasses
2 ½ gallons water
5 – 6 grams vitamin and electrolyte powder * Optional
! !Do not exceed 8 hours ! ! After 8 hours replace Molasses flush with vitamin and electrolyte water

Activated Charcoal Slurry
1 tsp. Activated Charcoal Powder
8 oz. – Pure Water
Dose 6 – 8 times daily

**These flushes will cause slight to moderate dehydration as they work to expel toxins and foreign matter from your birds system. After giving a flush, offer a steady supply of vitamin and electrolyte fortified water until a full recovery is made.

we prefer to use steamed oats (quacker like humans eat) and mashed egg when a bird is ill. Isolated into a dog kennel, covered to keep darker and quiet and keeping stress to a minimum.

The treats are int he plastic container. The one chicken that hasn’t moved much at all has yellow runny poo the other two I’m not sure about

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    734 KB · Views: 6
Hi, yesterday all 3 of my hens started to act very slowly. Usually when I go outside they run to the fence but this time they just stood still and walked to me very slowly. Today however this morning I let them all out but one didn’t come out I came back 2 hours later she was still there, I eventually got her to come out to drink and eat but when she came out she just stood by the water and kept closing her eyes. She hasn’t moved in avoid 4 hours, she just stands there and drinks every know and agin. The other 2 are still acting very slow. We found out the at rhodedendrums are poisonous to animals. Which was terrifying to hear as there is one in their enclosure. Have my chickens been poisoned? What is wrong with them? Is their any treatment?

(I have now chopped down the rhodedendrum and removed all of its leaves and flowers so the girls can’t eat them.)
If anyone can help that would be much appreciated.
Is it cold and did it rain bc that means that got wet and cold

Back
Top Bottom