chickens are very slow / sleeping in the middle of the day

LIAM MCCONKEY

In the Brooder
Apr 21, 2018
Hi, yesterday all 3 of my hens started to act very slowly. Usually when I go outside they run to the fence but this time they just stood still and walked to me very slowly. Today however this morning I let them all out but one didn’t come out I came back 2 hours later she was still there, I eventually got her to come out to drink and eat but when she came out she just stood by the water and kept closing her eyes. She hasn’t moved in avoid 4 hours, she just stands there and drinks every know and agin. The other 2 are still acting very slow. We found out the at rhodedendrums are poisonous to animals. Which was terrifying to hear as there is one in their enclosure. Have my chickens been poisoned? What is wrong with them? Is their any treatment?

(I have now chopped down the rhodedendrum and removed all of its leaves and flowers so the girls can’t eat them.)
If anyone can help that would be much appreciated.

Hi, welcome to BYC! :frow

Sorry your birds aren't well. :(

How old are they? How many in what size run? How is your weather been recently? What do you feed including treats and supplements?

Cocci is a possibility....

How long have they already been with the Rhody? I doubt that's it, but it's possible. Any other possibly compost piles or moldy feed?

@casportpony any ideas or other contacts that might have some? Thank you.

:fl

They are just just gone 2 years old. They have lots of room to freely move about. The weather this week has been very high last week the highest temperature was 15 Celsius but yesterday it got up to 25 Celsius they have plenty of water and is always available to them. I did give them some lawn mowing clippings that are about 1 week old a few days ago though @EggSighted4Life

Hi, welcome to BYC! :frow

Sorry your birds aren't well. :(

How old are they? How many in what size run? How is your weather been recently? What do you feed including treats and supplements?

Cocci is a possibility....

How long have they already been with the Rhody? I doubt that's it, but it's possible. Any other possibly compost piles or moldy feed?

@casportpony any ideas or other contacts that might have some? Thank you.

:fl
I replayed to your comment but didn’t actually reply to it. Sorry it’s the first time on the site

They are just just gone 2 years old. They have lots of room to freely move about. The weather this week has been very high last week the highest temperature was 15 Celsius but yesterday it got up to 25 Celsius they have plenty of water and is always available to them. I did give them some lawn mowing clippings that are about 1 week old a few days ago though @EggSighted4Life
Week old lawn clippings might not be a good idea.

Sorry, forgot to say Welcome to BYC!

Back
Top Bottom