Chickens, Bunnies and Bees

jeanettebkworms

In the Brooder
Aug 9, 2020
Just a little about us. We can’t keep livestock where we are now, but when John retires, one of our options will be to get a place where we can keep chickens, bunnies and bees, put in some fruit trees and a vegetable garden and we’ll be set no matter what the economy does. Our niece Gwen has already got the chickens and the vegetable garden and it is beautiful.

Right now, John and I reside in Castroville with our cairn terrier, Max. Our backyard is organic and edible. We have apples, pears, plums, guava, persimmons, loquat, nectarines, lemons, avocados, nasturtiums, roses and huckleberries. We both enjoy reading science fiction. We miss singing due to the pandemic. We’re getting all kinds of little projects done at the house. We remodeled the guest bath. John is working from home and I am trying to be good about wearing my mask, keeping my distance and staying home. Hope this finds everyone well and safe.

@jeanettebkworms - So glad to have you here; we welcome you! :welcome

Make sure to check out to check out the sister sites to BackYard Chickens that pertain to alot of what you're talking about!
  • BackYard Herds - All things herd animals, including bunnies and bees!
  • The Easy Garden - They'd love to hear all about the crops and trees you're growing!
  • Sufficient Self - Come share about all the projects you're accomplishing!

welcomeface.png

Back
Top Bottom