Chickens Crop just full of water?

LibbyR

Songster
Mar 11, 2017
All my birds have crops full of water. There isn’t a bad Snell or anything so I’m just wondering if it’s normal to just be full of water? The waterer was completely empty and it’s been hot (97-100 degrees.) They act like normal besides that.

In hot weather they need a constant supply of fresh cool water, its not good at all that they ran out of water. It may be a good idea add to 1-2 more water stations to ensure they have plenty of water.

If the crops are still full/have not emptied by morning before eating/drinking, then you need to investigate further.

In hot weather they need a constant supply of fresh cool water, its not good at all that they ran out of water. It may be a good idea add to 1-2 more water stations to ensure they have plenty of water.

If the crops are still full/have not emptied by morning before eating/drinking, then you need to investigate further.
I give them new water every three hours because it tends to spill or get hot or run out. So many reasons. And I have two waterers and I believe the other was full but the main one was empty. I’ll check on em today and get back here.

They were just full of water as all have normal crops today. Thanks for helping. I tend to get concerned easily.

Not uncommon at all. I've seen them drink so much they actually spit some of it back up before. Let me tell ya, the first time you see a chicken puke it's a little concerning!

Back
Top Bottom