Chickens dig tunnels?!?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by HuskerHens18, Jul 6, 2018.

1. to BarbsGirls

to BarbsGirls Crowing

May 16, 2018
    Indiana
    Sorry...NOW going to spend...darn rum!!

2. I tried free ranging while I was home and a coyote literally burst through the property, grabbed a pullet, and took off again. I was standing right there when it happened, I now can't even let them out while I'm standing there.

3. I'm trying to buy sand to use in my coops and runs, so that's good to know! Thanks!

4. Now suddenly my elderly EE has begun digging a massive escape hole in her retirement pen. Is it in the air???!!! Ive never had this issue!!!

5. BY Bob

BY Bob Proprietor, Fluffy Butt Acres

Jan 1, 2016
    Hershey, PA
    Why are we all surprised? Didn't anyone else see the movie Chicken Run? I keep picturing this girl stuck under the house.

20180706_221347.jpg

6. :yuckyuck

7. BlackHackle

BlackHackle Gone away, will be back next month

Jun 1, 2018
    Out North
    My Coop
    I've had chickens do the same thing. They dug under a fence to get into my breeder pen to eat their game bird food

8. Smarty pants. They know the grass is greener on the other side :D

9. BlackHackle

BlackHackle Gone away, will be back next month

Jun 1, 2018
    Out North
    My Coop
    They sure do...or they see how nice my breeders turn out on their food so they want to sneak in a couple pounds into their diet :lau

10. This was EXACTLY what went through my mind when I discovered their tunnels!!!!

PennyM, ChickNanny13, BY Bob and 2 others like this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: