Chickens eating own eggs!!!

Hello, this has been going on for a while this winter and I do not know how to stop it. I have 12 hens and they all seem to be doing it. Im hoping it will stop in the spring where they will be outside a lot more. Is there anything i can do in the meantime to stop this or is it too late.
Some more information on how you keep them and what you feed them would be helpful to those who may have some advice.

I usually collect the eggs in the middle of the day or afternoon. They have been in their coop a lot lately because it has been so cold and there is so much snow. I feed them Layer feed and cracked corn, and of course any treats or lettuce. They have food at all time though.
They could be too crowded in their coop. This can cause egg eating.

I usually collect the eggs in the middle of the day or afternoon. They have been in their coop a lot lately because it has been so cold and there is so much snow. I feed them Layer feed and cracked corn, and of course any treats or lettuce. They have food at all time though.
Did the egg eating start when they became confined to the coop due to the weather?
How many birds in how big a coop?
Dimensions and pics would help.

I suspect that they need more nutrition...cut out the treats and probably the corn too.
What is the protein percentage of the layer feed?
Look on the tag sewn into bottom of bag.

Oh, and.....
Where in this world are you located?
Climate is almost always a factor.
Please add your general geographical location to your profile.
It's easy to do, (laptop version shown), then it's always there!
upload_2019-2-3_6-57-7.png

Back
Top Bottom