Chickens Fav Treats!!!!

Boulla

Chirping
5 Years
May 28, 2014
Love feeding my chickens safe fun treats! Here are some great ones they are sure to enjoy!
- watermelon
- green beans
- tomatoes
- lettuce
-potatoes
Celery leaves
Post your Chickens Fav Treats

Yes that is correct should have specified that, green peels are considered toxic. Sorry

I am a widow and don't cook much. Not a lot of foodstuffs for chicken treats. Have been giving meal worms and oatmeal. They enjoy both. I got a package of meal worm mix - it contained cracked corn. It just occurred to me that they might like just the cracked corn - and a big bag of that would certainly be cheaper. What are your thoughts on cracked corn for a treat?

Mine love dried mealworms, cabbage, and poultrt treat grains with raisins that I found at the farm store. Oh, and carrots also. They went nuts over my kitchen scraps the other day.

True story: I tossed two pieces of fresh corn on the cob (about 3" pieces) to the girls 2 days ago...nothing...nada...zip. They looked at them and never even took a peck at them!! I thought 'how silly you girls are' and left them there. Yesterday afternoon, all of a sudden, one of the 4 girls took a peck...it was ON!! My girls are just soo silly when it comes to a new 'treat'. Had to laugh!!
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom