Chickens first egg tastes funny

Our funny taste never went away, and it’s just the one chicken, cause our other girls started laying and theirs taste fine, so I’m pretty sure it’s a genetic thing. If you mix her eggs in with others the chlorine aftertaste isn’t as noticeable though. Oh well :hmm
Oh well.

I doubt those plants are poisonous to chickens, at least I recognize those 2 of those our chickens have eaten them and I don't think they have ever gotten sick from that. She should defiantly be off of chick starter by now. Try changing her feed, and after a couple of days see if the egg taste alters.

I doubt those plants are poisonous to chickens, at least I recognize those 2 of those our chickens have eaten them and I don't think they have ever gotten sick from that. She should defiantly be off of chick starter by now. Try changing her feed, and after a couple of days see if the egg taste alters.
We switched her feed a month ago. Also, I feel like if it’s the food she’s eating the other eggs would be bad too. It’s an odd aftertaste. Also, thanks for the input about the plants, I’m convinced that they’ll be fine.

Our Buff Orpington, Matilda, just started laying a couple of days ago, and her eggs taste really strange. They have strong shells and they taste great at first, but they have a strange aftertaste of chlorine or something. We have been feeding her a medicated chick starter, with mealworms, scratch and sunflower seeds as treats. Is the taste just because it’s her first eggs?
View attachment 2302886View attachment 2302887
That's what my chicken's first egg look like!!

Back
Top Bottom