Chickens In Ya Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to ask you to please give me the details on this vent-staining you mentioned. I'm thinking one thing but not sure. Sounds like it might be useful for me in spring, sinceI'll have a few colors till I sell some off.

http://pathfindersfarm.com/PedigreeBreeding.html

I'd recommend blue and green, not red or yellow. If you have a lot of birds to stain it will be a challenge, there are neon colors as well that may help expand your range.

I just want to be able to identify eggs from Red Bronze hens in contrast with eggs from Bourbon Red hens, so I only need two colors. Big Mama's eggs are unique, and her offspring's eggs I want to save too, so I'd just stain the ones that I am willing to sell or hatch for sale and then be able to share the possible colors from those eggs. All unmarked eggs would be mine. I'd just have to reapply the dye every few days. I have plenty of small syringes that would probably work great (without needle, of course!)

I may have missed it on this thread during the storm, but I read somewhere else that you hatched 8 for 9? Shipped, too? Do we get to have our first In Ya Window parade?

I wondered how the storm affected you. I saw that Charleston got flooded bad with the 17 in. this morning . 5 is bad enough . 2010 we got 18 in in two days . Nashville flooded bad . didn't know how flat you were . I could see fall in your land in the garden pic. but that much water depending the amount of time in which it fell can be a lot to deal with. good to know you've made it through without a great deal of distress . my wife has cousins in Charleston but doesn't keep up with them. and doesn't have a clue how they made out . drives me crazy because I know where and how all mine are . and if I'm not sure a phone is all it takes to find out .
Yes!! I locked down 9 eggs (all that developed locked down) and on the night of day 19, I had 3 pips. Woke up to those same 3 pips and my heart sank. I thought "here we ago again, the rest are going to die in lockdown" and then through the day, and the next day and the next day, I kept getting more pips! 2 wrong enders, 1 hatched perfectly fine by itself but the other had totally smooshed it's head into the poop in the pointy end and was stuck, so he needed help. But all 8 are healthy, eating, drinking, no leg or feet issues. I would have been happy with 5! Lol!

well allllllllllright if anybody you needed a good hatch. see if I can break away and catch the parade .
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
and #9
th.gif
lau.gif
there's always one lazy one in every bunch . I'm flying solo this week DW pulled a Walnut and flew out to Dallas this morning and ain't coming back till Friday . So I'll have to do my duty on the phone . I hate talking on the phone .

http://pathfindersfarm.com/PedigreeBreeding.html

I'd recommend blue and green, not red or yellow.  If you have a lot of birds to stain it will be a challenge, there are neon colors as well that may help expand your range.

I just want to be able to identify eggs from Red Bronze hens in contrast with eggs from Bourbon Red hens, so I only need two colors.  Big Mama's eggs are unique, and her offspring's eggs I want to save too, so I'd just stain the ones that I am willing to sell or hatch for sale and then be able to share the possible colors from those eggs.  All unmarked eggs would be mine.  I'd just have to reapply the dye every few days.  I have plenty of small syringes that would probably work great (without needle, of course!)

I didn't know this existed! You just saved me sooooo much trouble!! Thank you!!! :hugs

I wondered how the storm affected you.  I saw that Charleston got flooded bad  with the 17 in. this morning . 5 is bad enough . 2010 we got 18 in in two days . Nashville flooded bad . didn't know how flat you were . I could see fall in your land in the garden pic. but that much water depending the amount of time in which it fell can be a lot to deal with. good to know you've made it through without a great deal of  distress . my wife has cousins in Charleston but doesn't keep up with them. and doesn't have a clue how they made out . drives me crazy because I know where and how all mine are . and if I'm not sure a phone is all it takes to find out .

well allllllllllright  if anybody you needed a good hatch. see if I can break away and catch the parade .:jumpy :jumpy :jumpy :jumpy :jumpy :jumpy :jumpy :jumpy and #9:th :lau  there's always one lazy one in every bunch . I'm flying solo this week DW pulled a Walnut and flew out to Dallas this morning and ain't coming back till Friday . So I'll have to do my duty on the phone . I hate talking on the phone .

I know!!! Thank you!! :hugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom