1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Chickens In Ya Window

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by scflock, Sep 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rossfam06

rossfam06 Beak Brokers

Sep 20, 2013
    Savannah, GA
    My Coop

Her Alsteirer hens are from GFF. She has an excellent line up. I feel bad that I offended her. I think I am just going to pay for the CLB hens. Lol!!!

2. WVduckchick

WVduckchick For The Birds! Premium Member

Feb 9, 2015
    West Virginia

Is that a Bob Ross reference?? I found him on a PBS station last weekend. Could watch him for hours....

3. rossfam06

rossfam06 Beak Brokers

Sep 20, 2013
    Savannah, GA
    My Coop

:lau :lau

4. RubyNala97

RubyNala97 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 9, 2015
    Hudson Valley, NY
    So I need advice. Out of my 3 chicks that hatched, one is extremely sleepy. Every chick goes through that sleepy phase after hatch but he never came out of it. It was the smallest egg to hatch, and hatched totally normal by itself. But he can't wake up. I gave him lots of sips of sav-a-chick today, hoping that it would perk him up but no success. What could be going on and what can I do to help?

Ok, you're almost there!! Hang in there. I hope it passes quickly and you feel better soon.

X2!

It was me! Sorry, I didn't see that word "hatch" and thought she meant birds. Totally my fault. Sorry Ross!!

5. rossfam06

rossfam06 Beak Brokers

Sep 20, 2013
    Savannah, GA
    My Coop

That's how Garrett got me to date him!!!!! He told me Bob Ross was his uncle. Lol!!!! I believed him because my husband is also a painter!!! So....with the same last name and hobby I fell for it....and now I just laugh. :lau. Plus I love Bob Ross.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2015
  6. WVduckchick

WVduckchick For The Birds! Premium Member

Feb 9, 2015
    West Virginia

:lau hey, now I can say I know a relative of Bob Ross! :D

True story, brought my son home from the hospital when he was born, he had cried all the way home, so I laid him down on the couch to check his diaper. Yes, that was the problem, so I proceeded to take it off... without getting a new one out first, nor laying anything on the couch to cover it... yep you guessed it, he started pooping, so I caught it in my hand! :lau

7. rossfam06

rossfam06 Beak Brokers

Sep 20, 2013
    Savannah, GA
    My Coop

Excellent bonding skills he's got!!! Lol!!! :lau :lau

Last edited: Sep 27, 2015
  8. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Sometimes bigger is not better. I cringe at the thought and wish you safe passage.

9. rossfam06

rossfam06 Beak Brokers

Sep 20, 2013
    Savannah, GA
    My Coop
    It's fine...lol!! Sally laughed about it. Hahaha!!! But yes....so now my preorders are going to have to wait if I can't get any hens here fast or at least as couple of pullets.

:lau. Sorry I had to laugh.....it's too hard not to!!! :lau

10. FridayYet

FridayYet Innocent Bystander

Mar 3, 2011
    The Land of Enchantment
    LOL. In this case, you are right.

Hope things come out well SC!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by