Chickens In Ya Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a really crude diagram of the wiring. Dashed line = neutral (white wire or smooth black). Black line = hot (black wire or ridged black). Blue wire = switched power wire. Green wire = ground. On the heating element, only the wire shield is grounded, there should be no continuity between the shield and the element wire.

nothing crude about that ..was so busy yesterday didn't have time to do anything but some cleaning. I had to take the back off because I couldn't get the side screws out of the fan support from the front . no bad wires no bad connections every thing looks good . 60 ohms on the element. the thermostat is bad. straight wiring to a cord only 25 ac volts getting through . no way to repair it have to get a new one . . I have stripped all the shelf supports out and resealing the inside . btw this is the hatcher I'm working on first so no turner . but still a pain you must have stood on you head to get the whole assembly out like you did . The model # is 1266 .one of the incubators is just like it . the other is different not as deep and has this wiring . also the thermostat is not the same . it still has the dual setup but is wired different . I think the old style thermostat does not store well.I guess they are like a car you need to start them up and run them quiet often to keep them working well .
hmm.png
trying to order parts today but have so much to do. one good thing about email notification I can go right to your post. down side I have a**** load of emails from the byc

those things are no good for you. black coffee no sugar added .
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
half a pot will do this to you though it's to pretty out side to be on here first sunny morning in six days so I'm out of here .
frow.gif

I know its not good for me, but neither is half of the other stuff that enters my body
wink.png
I just never acquired the taste for coffee.

Have a great day K. Its supposed to be beautiful here too. For a nice change.

nothing crude about that ..was so busy yesterday didn't have time to do anything but some cleaning. I had to take the back off because I couldn't get the side screws out of the fan support from the front . no bad wires no bad connections every thing looks good . 60 ohms on the element. the thermostat is bad. straight wiring to a cord only 25 ac volts getting through . no way to repair it have to get a new one . . I have stripped all the shelf supports out and resealing the inside . btw this is the hatcher I'm working on first so no turner . but still a pain you must have stood on you head to get the whole assembly out like you did . The model # is 1266 .one of the incubators is just like it . the other is different not as deep and has this wiring . also the thermostat is not the same . it still has the dual setup but is wired different . I think the old style thermostat does not store well.I guess they are like a car you need to start them up and run them quiet often to keep them working well .
hmm.png
trying to order parts today but have so much to do. one good thing about email notification I can go right to your post. down side I have a**** load of emails from the byc

I am glad the math worked for checking the element! For those who want to follow along...

W = V * A, 225 = 120 * A, A = 225 / 120, A = 1.875

V = I * R, 120 = 1.875 * R, R = 120 / 1.875, R = 64

I need to get a dedicated hatcher built.

You can bypass the electronic thermostat until you order a new one. You could use one of the cheap STC-1000, or wire in a new GQF proportional (I took this route). But meanwhile you can use just the wafer...connect one of the blue wafer thermostat wires to the line cord black wire, and snip and tape the wires that go to the old thermostat.

:eek:    :sick                    :caf   :clap

Xs 2!!!

I know its not good for me, but neither is half of the other stuff that enters my body   ;)    I just never acquired the taste for coffee. 

Have a great day K.  Its supposed to be beautiful here too.  For a nice change.

We all have our vice, and lotsa the super health nuts, die young of heartattacks anyway... but i hope u drink alot of water to reverse the effects of all that soda!

those things are no good for you. black coffee no sugar added . :weee :weee :weee half a pot will do this to you though it's to pretty out side to be on here first sunny morning in six days so I'm out of here .:frow

:sick coffee :sick

Im goin outside too but ill try to come post abuncha fluffy pics at some point. So excited to have these chicks!

nothing crude about that ..was so busy yesterday didn't have time to do anything but some cleaning. I had to take the back off because I couldn't get the side screws out of the fan support from the front . no bad wires no bad connections every thing  looks good . 60 ohms on the element. the thermostat is bad. straight  wiring to a cord only 25 ac volts getting through . no way to repair it have to get a new one . . I have stripped  all the shelf supports out and resealing the inside . btw this is the hatcher I'm working on first so no turner . but still a pain you must have stood on you head to get the whole assembly out like you did . The model # is 1266 .one of the incubators is just like it . the other is different not as deep and has this wiring . also the thermostat is not the same . it still has the dual setup but is wired different .  I think the old style thermostat does not store well.I guess they are like a car you need to start them up and run them quiet often to keep them working well .:/  trying to order parts today but have so much to do. one good thing about email notification I can go right to your post. down side I have a**** load of emails from the byc

I'm starting to feel bad for egging you on to buy those... :oops:
I got lucky on the Leahy, guy I got it from loved it so he started it up empty each year to check it... :/

I just received an email from the head of city planning...................... The roosters stay!!

I'm thanking my Creator right now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom