1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

chickens in your living room?

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by faykokoWV, Sep 29, 2009.

1. faykokoWV

faykokoWV Mrs Fancy Plants

Nov 4, 2008
    Cross Lanes, WV
    I've read several posts on here lately about chickens in the living room, bedroom, kitchen etc. One post even said the chickens sleep in bed with the person at night.

How do you keep them from pooing on everything?

2. australorpchick

australorpchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 18, 2009
    Canyon Lake, TX
    Chicken diapers. There are a few members here who sell them. If mine doesn't fit, I use a sandwich bag and pipe cleaner.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2009
  3. slf_fry

slf_fry Out Of The Brooder

Jul 24, 2009
    Loveland,Ohio
    I just cannot imagine chickens in bed with me. Two dogs are bad enough without adding feathers to my sheets [​IMG]

4. cap1717

cap1717 6 chooks, 1 slave. . . me!

Jun 12, 2009
    When I bring one of the girls in to share TV and snacks, I put a old sheet or blanket over the couch. . . it of course goes into the wash machine immediately afterwards. . . .

5. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Chicken Diapers !!!! I don't sleep with my chickens... LOL but I do have 2 that live in the house and go on trips with us. This is Sophie the Diva Chicken......

Last edited: Sep 29, 2009
  6. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    My girls visit inside....they have a special "chicken towel" that they sit or stand on....it just gets shaken off outside and tossed in the washer.

7. faykokoWV

faykokoWV Mrs Fancy Plants

Nov 4, 2008
    Cross Lanes, WV
    Quote:I'm almost afraid to ask, but how does the sandwich bag pipe cleaner thing work?

8. LarryPQ

LarryPQ Easter Hatch!!

Jul 17, 2009
    Quote:I'm almost afraid to ask, but how does the sandwich bag pipe cleaner thing work?

No really, please don't tell us. I won't be able to resist reading.

9. Danceswithchicks

Danceswithchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Mine sneak in the basement sometimes and they look in the windows! (They know where the bags of feed are) They never travel any farther into the human realm. Free-ranging and loving it!

10. BigSkyChickens

BigSkyChickens Free Bird

Apr 3, 2009
    Pleasant Hill, CA
    Actress Felicity Huffman was on David Letterman this week describing her family's chickens. She says they roosted on barstools in the house! [​IMG]
    It was so funny to see her sitting there in her fancy dress, sharing her excitement about the chickens. It ws even more funny to hear Dave's disbelief......his grandfather used to own a chicken farm, and I'm sure like many of his generation, he worked much of his life to get away from chickens! HAHA

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by