Chickens Influencing other Chickens?

Jess89

Songster
Oct 23, 2018
Tennessee
I told you all I was going to ask A LOT of questions lol! I got my Light Brahma "sweet pea" probably a month after I got my 4 other chickens. She was the new bird in town and was picked on so she wanted to be under my feet and when I would go out to visit her, she would sit down right beside me. I would sit with her, pet her and talk to her. I loved it! But as the others got used to her and she got used to them, she started hanging out with my "queen hen" a Silver Laced Wyandotte who I called "Lacey" who had the worst attitude. It was all she wrote after that, she wanted nothing to do with me and was terrified of me, just like Lacey. Is this normal? For chickens to be influenced like that? Lacey was one that was killed by a hawk about a month back. I have tried to start gaining her trust back, is there anyway of Sweet Pea going back to her old sweet self?

… your telling me. I rescued Tina (the hen in my profile pic) and she was SO SWEET! like a puppydog! she would come up to me, let me pick her up, eat out of my hand... then I got a rooster... SHE DUMPED ME FOR HIM!!:gig….. she won't come near me now.. not even for treats.:barnie

… your telling me. I rescued Tina (the hen in my profile pic) and she was SO SWEET! like a puppydog! she would come up to me, let me pick her up, eat out of my hand... then I got a rooster... SHE DUMPED ME FOR HIM!!:gig….. she won't come near me now.. not even for treats.:barnie
I have got to get a rooster soon to protect my girls, so there is a good chance she will never be my friend again. She's easily persuaded apparently :gig

Back
Top Bottom