Chickens Not Interested in Rattlesnake dinner

If u wouldda cut it open they woulda tore it up. Mine LOVE mud cats, but only if i split the bely open. otherwiss it will lay there until the ants eat it to nothing
I think I'll do that....it's still lying out there; crows haven't found it yet.

You know the snake is big when it's dead, stretched out across the road and hits 2 lanes.

Aaron
Yikes! And they can strike 2/3 the length of their body. I walk barefoot every morning for 2-4 miles in uninhabited desert, but I stay in the middle of the dirt road, out of sneak striking range. Yours coulda got me though!

Yep, been doing it for years. But I keep to the dirt road with only rocks to challenge and toughen my feet. There aren't any thorns except mesquite and they are always on branches easy to see and avoid. I'm one of those who loves the tactile experience (maybe there really is something to acupressure?) and believes barefoot walking helps strengthen feet and correct gait. I'm a great-grandma and my feet are healthier than 20 years ago...
But of course, I'd be an idiot to walk into any vegetation off road in snake country, whether in my backyard or the thousands of acres of desert that surround it, unless I had snake boots and gaiters.
And in these parts, we only hike and crawl over boulders in our mountains in winter when snakes are underground napping, regardless of footwear (snakes bite through shoes). Crawling over boulders exposes many body parts, including your face, to startled snakes.
Hijacking this briefly to barefoot enthusiast forum: But when it gets too jagged, I hike in Earthrunner sandals. Extremely rugged and its Primal Run Amoks.
That’s cool!! I am a wimp and I don’t think I could do that 😂 doesn’t the sand get super hot?

Back
Top Bottom