Chickens not laying for 3 days

Goatsrcool

In the Brooder
May 1, 2021
We noticed within the last few days we are getting 4 eggs out of 10 chickens..when we usually got 9 a day. We thought maybe they were laying somewhere else so we blocked them off closer to their coop and still have only gotten 4 eggs. They are a year old. 3 weeks ago we got Pullets and added them to the flock after quarantining. We used to use a layer feed but when we got the new birds we used an All Flock feed for the young ones and the layers. We substituted with oyster shell for the layers but they never even ate one. Now since the Pullets are getting closer to laying we added more layer pellets to the all flock feed. Could this possibly mess up their egg laying cycle?

Adding layer pellets shouldn't mess anything up. As said above heat can cause lower egg production. Also if a hen is at the end of a laying cycle it takes a few days or so to get back to laying. As long as they are acting normalni wouldn't worry

I have 3 hens. One of them missed 3 days in a row, and I was starting to worry. She did lay last night, so maybe everything's back up and running.

It's hot out, but they have plenty of shade, and usually a breeze. I caused a bit of a stir when I was building something in the coop, and will do so again when I finish it up in the next couple of days. We'll see how she and the others do after that.

Back
Top Bottom