Chickens not laying

Mine aren't, nothing has changed. Feed same, free range same, I've checked for lice/mites, no change in bedding or anything. They act as normal as normal is,
hu.gif

Maybe it is the heat as I have the same problem - its been extremely hot here in N CA and egg laying dropped off just as the heat wave hit......its cooling off now so will see if production increases.

Quote:
Not sure how long it takes. But, was also told that it could throw them into a molt. Mine have lost a few feathers, but not many at all. It has been very hot here too. I got one egg the first night I brought them home and nothing else since then, it's going on two weeks.

Mine have been dwindling down in the hot weather as well. They pick up a little when it gets a little cooler, and then it gets hot again, and the production goes down a bit.

I usually get about 10-12 a day. But since the middle August, it went down to 4-8 a day, depending on how hot it is.

I bet they start picking up again when it gets a bit cooler. But I don't remember this happening last summer. And we're having unusually cool and wet weather this summer (relatively speaking).

I agree with the other posts. It's hard to say. Some may take a week and others several weeks before they start laying again. All birds are different. If it has been hot there, heat can also affect them.

Back
Top Bottom